St Dunstan's Church is located on Stepney High Street.
A church has stood on the site prior to 952AD, when a stone church was erected, replacing the previous wooden structure.
The existing building is the third church to be built on this site and was erected in 1580.
There are ten bells in the belfry, dating back to 1385, some which were made at the local Whitechapel Bell Foundry.
St Dunstan's has a long traditional link with the sea and it was once known as the 'Church of the High Seas'.
Many sailors were buried in the churchyard. The phrase "When will that be?" could possibly refer to wives waiting for sailors to return from voyages with their fortunes, when their 'boat came in'. This was particularly relevant during the 16th and 17th centuries when many sailors were employed on Voyages of Discovery to the New Worlds - their wives would have to wait for their return to receive any wages, but they never knew how long the voyages might be - a two year wait was not uncommon!