St Clements is a small church situated in St. Clements Lane, Eastcheap.
There have been three Churches on the site starting with the first in the 11th Century when the church is mentioned in a confirmation of grants to Westminster Abbey in 1067.
The original old Church was rebuilt in the 15th Century.
The second church was destroyed in 1666 during the Great Fire of London
The existing church was rebuilt in 1687 by Sir Christopher Wren (the great architect of St Paul's Cathedral).
The "Oranges and lemons" refer to the citrus fruits unloaded at the nearby wharves.